Friday, November 18, 2011

Reached Board #50

For this round of production I have made Board #50, it may seem a trivial thing but it took alot of time and energy to get to this point. It isn't my first time and won't be my last. I like to make things as a kid and that just stuck to me like whats next. I digging and cutting and glueing  and all manner of stuff you do as a kid and eventually I found the snurfer. It along with my other activities, cycling, kayaking, skiing, rockhopping, climbing, exploring and all the things I did up to the point of now. I started working with  Flite Snowboards around 1976 later went to work for Sims in 1985, following a time at college, university, aspen, and even 2nd place in the worlds in snowboarding. We guided evolutionary snurfing into boarding, into snowboarding and what a miracle. After Sims it was starting the Skriss Factory in France, then the Rocky Mountain Factory in Aspen, then I bailed out on manufacturing for a while. Here we are in 2011 and I have my latest venture "Grellboards...", I am building modern Snurfers, they are wider, better grip on the top deck, built of fibreglass and fun to ride. It is such a great feeling, finding a good hill and shredding it up. No a bindings, lightweight shoes, basic winter wear, whatever makes you comfortable and no lift tickets. I say a movie recently that said a good writer should just write, often I have held back my writing trying to find the right things to say but that isnt my goal here. My goal is to introduce people to a really fun snow sport that you don't have to live at a ski resort to enjoy, all you need is a slope, snow and a board. Its surfing on snow and that is exciting. The next question is how do you get a boards.

Order one from Snowsurfing:
and you go on our production list, you get a numbered board,
 three designs to choose from,
escape58,
bumpattack48,
Thruster50.
then we have to look at weight range,
under 100,
100-199,
199+.

No orders as of 11/18/11 but then I haven't tried to advertise.
I wonder how fast the next 50 will take to build.
Production starts when I get 50 orders. of each model board.

No comments:

Post a Comment