Saturday, February 4, 2012

Members of the board; "Pioneers of Shred"

It was monday, January 22 and Kevin Delaney and I are on our way to the Airport in San Francisco. We have a destination, Aspen, Colorado where we were invited to participate in a panel discussion hosted by the Aspen Historical Society. We arrived in Aspen to an awaiting limo which in turn brought us to our hotel at the base of Aspen Mountain. They were having a party for us and we had a great time. Monday ended up being a rather long day, catching up with friends, enjoying the town. tuesday morning and I awake at 5:30 am, it has snowed overnite and there appears to be 3-4 inches of new snow. I break out my boards and head to the bottom of Ajax, I snurf in the dark until the sun rises and continue on until things start to get busy. I have an interview at the top of the mountain at 8am and have to ride the gondola to the top. I change equipment and now have my snowboard. Mike Troppman and Melinda Armani are the first to join me for a snurf, I think they are hooked. The day progresses and we soon have our group together, Kevin, myself, Larry Madden, Susan, Chris Tribble, Chris Klug, Kevin Decarlo, and its up and await to snowboard on Aspen Mountain. It was a great powder, with the new fresh on top of previous storms. Fully satisfied, we end our day and prepare for the evenings event at the Wheeler opera house, Pioneers of Shred. Moderated by Chris Klug and Travis McClain. We toured our history of snowboarding in the Roaring Fork Valley. It will go down as a historic event. Thank to the aspen historical society for being our host.
JG

No comments:

Post a Comment