Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Road to recovery

What a difference a day makes, we got to the Critical Care Unit at Denver's Swedish Medical Center to find my brother awake, talking and realizing that he is in the hospital. Most of you won't ever know my brother but he is one of the most creative artists around. I don't even know where to start but to say I am relieved, he made it through a tough emergency visit to the critical care unit. It came on gradually and fast together. I didn't read into his symptoms early enough  and could have prevented some of this, if I could do it over... Jay lives. That's the most important thing and soon he will be home in his beloved Costa Rica and I know the country will embrace him and take care of him just like the good people of Denver have.

Once again something came up and we tackled it head on and prevailed. For many of us, we will never know when, where, how or why, just move beyond yourself and reach out and get the job done.
JG

No comments:

Post a Comment