Saturday, April 9, 2011

Building a boarding business

Somewhere along the way I started building boards, I think it started to happen in 1976. I was always making stuff out of whatever I came across and seemed to loose focus of the things that I thought I was into but end up not. The I kept coming back to boards, it was probably my first visit to Flite Snowboards Factory in Tiverton, Rhode Island. It was like a mad scientists shop of creativity, the skateboards, early snowboards, skifers and the sheer energy of this group. I was hooked and just wanted to go ride and then I realized no one was really making what I wanted to ride. Flite came close, then later Barfoot and Winterstick then Sims and then I was off building Boards, it really started with Sims, as production manager we built a bunch of boards in 1985-86 along with the first commercially produced Highback Binding. All for now. jg

No comments:

Post a Comment