Sunday, April 17, 2011

A couple of days in the Sierra in mid April, 2011

I got to take a trip up to the Sierras to work on the house in Placerville, I installed a new door and did a bunch of cleanup around the house and studio. The studio is being rented out starting May 1st and I had to get it ready, this trip put me 42 miles from Sierra at Tahoe resort and I spent the day Friday catching up with winter. There is still 25 feet of snow on the mountain and it looks like there will be snow until mid summer and for sure at the higher elevations. Once the resorts shut down it will be my turn to go up and hike on the slopes and test my boards. On saturday I went a bit farther to Kirkwood and met up with my friend Peter Loughlin of RSN and Outside Magazine, he was busy working so I took advantage of a day on the mountain. By 2 pm my legs were burning and it was time to take a break. The drive back on highway 88 was fascinating, the snow is piled deep along the road over 20 feet in some places. There is alot of water up there and its going to be a beautiful spring in the Sierra.

No comments:

Post a Comment