Sunday, July 8, 2012

Mold making

Artic Berdimurat Snurfing Stowe, Vermont. 1977

Well here we are almost to the middle of July 2012 and I have been spending my extra time building the next generation of molds for my boards. Unstead of using concrete, I have moved over to fibreglass and gel coats to create a lighter weight, stronger mold. Its alot of work sanding, waxing and making things pretty much perfect. I have two molds I am focused on, mainly my new kids model board. The final product should weight about 2 pounds and be super strong and expecially fun for kids old enough to walk. If they can't ride standing they can ride sitting. If all goes as planned, I will hold a series of demo tour events as part of the "Snowsurfing Tour of America (SSTA). Hope we can make it to a hill near you, we plan to arrive at each demo with 30 boards for all to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment