Saturday, November 8, 2014

This blogspot is not co operating. As I try to input it won't so this is short. Grellboards, Snurfer, Novak, all original brands. Lets go. CJG

Ok, there it is, that little cursor on the blank screen telling me its ok to type now. I learned to type on a typewriter, it was a state of the art machine and the girl next to me kept me going. I never regretted learning to type, punctuation and spelling have always been a challenge. I leave that to the results of the Belgium experiment. Regardless, all this nonsense, has gotten met to where I am now.

The Snurfer Brand is back, I actually had the chance to see a photo of their new "Snurfer Truck", its not what I would have chosen but then they are trying to capitalize on what Sherman Poppen did back in the 1960's. I hope they built in a legacy program to help take care of some of the pioneers that brought them to this point. Lesson learned, there are almost 7 million snowboarders in this world, not such a big number as other sports but still substantial. If I has 1/2 of one percent of that market I would have to build 60,000 boards. Thats a jump from my humble beginnings. I'm sure the new snurfer brand has done its homework and is hoping to achieve Sherman's and Brunswick's success of the 1960's where the produced around 500,000 boards at a price of $10-20 each. I love the Snurfer, the last time I saw mine was at the SIA show in Las Vegas, Tom Sims had it on his old boards display wall, that's another story. As if anyone give a shit and reads my Banter. Tom was a good friend, employer, competitor and visionary. I miss our occasional talks, emails and seeing him. It makes me cherish my old friends all the more.

Anyway, what I need to do is sell boards. Give me a reason to have them built.

There are 3 models

G-42 for Kids
G48 for Adults
G-60 for big adults

No comments:

Post a Comment