Sunday, November 15, 2015

I left my house on November 5th with the goal of attending the FIS technical delegate update clinic in Park City, Utah. My trip was smooth with a great visit in Reno with Brooke Long, a snowboard enthusiast and collector, I brought him a few old vintage posters. After a night in Reno, I got up early and headed east to pick up my friend Ted Martin at the airport in Salt Lake City. It worked out really well, he had a double room in the Marriot and the canadian guy canceled so I had a bed. We arrive on Friday, checked in, then went to the Meet and Greet. They couldn't have chosen a worse location, it was packed, loud, annoying and really hard to meet and talk with the other Technical Delegates. So much for planning. The next morning we started at the USSA Center for Excellence. Its to bad no one got the message we were coming, we got in through the side door and never got to see what the beautiful building housing the USSA was all about. Opportunity lost again. The clinic touched on the usual stuff, a few presenters, a few powerpoint presentations, alot of talk about concussions and what we are supposed to do. All in all, more of the same.
It worked out that I could give Ted a ride back to Colorado, it was great to have company in the car and a co driver, always wonderful to visit the Martin's. Gracious hosts and good friends. Moving on it was off to Fairplay with a sidebar in Frisco, a snurf session in the park the off to see my old college friend Mark Hanks. What a wonderful visit, a beautiful home, good company, I can't wait to go back. Then it was off to visit my good friend and partner in Grellboards, Mike Troppman. We had the luck of a snowstorm and fresh tracks. That is the essence of the first part of my journey. I'll add more about my return home in my next post. I really miss my girl Anne. It was a good trip but coming home never felt so lonely.
JG

No comments:

Post a Comment